Saturday, January 29, 2011

Day 4 Trina

    Raising a 5 year old has become a scary thing.  As much as I love Trina she drives me crazy.  She talks back, agravates her brother and sisters constantly, rolls her eyes and never listens. I swear she should be a teenager. She has a lot of responsibility though.  She is the oldest of 4 and while I dont expect her to be perfect.  I let her know that she is an example for her younger siblings.
    I dont know if I am doing everything right.  I do know she is pretty well behaved in public. I also know she is a very caring person.  She loves others, even people she doesnt know.She has worried for over a year about the fact my grandma died.  She died before my son turned 1, and though I talk about her sometimes, it is always to tell them that she is happy in a better place and how wonderful a woman she was.  I never cry about it any more and havent for a really long time.  I know my grandma is at peace and I try to let my girls know it is ok.
    Besides being sassy, my Trina is incrediably smart. She can add small numbers in her head, read several words, and is learning to blend letters.  This is all before kindergarten.  She doesnt start till next year, but we are doing an early enrollment program that is homeschool from the public school system.  When I go down there and fill out a piece of paper she will be taking dance for a pt class. Trina loves music and dancing.  She is almost always singing and dancing around the house.
    All in all Trina is an amazing little girl.  Any mother would be lucky to have her, attitude and all. She is mine though and I will love her through the hard times and easy. When she is bad I may wish I could beat her, but I love her all the more.   When she is good I am so proud and happy.  I know that she is learning her way and it is really hard.  It is a long path to learning who you are and what you want or should do with your life.  She is just begining that journey and I will be there every step of the way to help her up when she falls and praise her when she does it by herself.  I am a very lucky woman to know this little girl and be her mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment