Thursday, January 27, 2011

Day 3 Homeschooling

    I don't know if I mentioned it in my original blog but for now I am homeschooling my kids.  My husband is all for it for a year or two but really doesn't see it as something we should do for their entire childhood.  I agree in away but it may be a mute point.
   Trina has a problem with being nosy. I don't know where she gets it from. I do actually but hate to admit that I use to be very nosy as a child. I did grow out of it but it is crazy that she is so much like me that way. She doesn't pay attention if there are other kids around.
    Nina loves school at home or in a classroom. Right now she is doing both. She goes to head start Mondays and Wednesdays and I teach her all the rest of the week.  She is starting to learn the letter sounds. She recognizes all her letters and can write most of them. So we may just leave her in public school, I don't know we will have to see.
    As for Phoenix and Angel who knows how they will do in school. Phoenix has his very one issues and smarts. Where as Angel is still a baby who is going through severe separation anxiety. I cant put her down for a minute. What I will need to do for them is still up in the air.
    I start school with just Trina.  We do her math and reading work for the day. It takes only a hour and a half to two hours. Then it is Nina's turn. We go over letters, do worksheets and just talk. She has fun and it takes about an hour.  By this time it is usually near lunch time so we eat and nap. Then it is microphone time for Trina, Nina and Phoenix. We talk about why we are special, do art and science and try to have fun in a way that Phoenix can join in but the girls learn too.
    During nap time and bed time if I can get them all to sleep at the same time is when I clean my house and read if I have time. Sometimes I nap, especially since right now Angel wants to be awake all night. It drives me nuts and I am so exhausted I drink about a 3 liter of diet coke a day just to try to stay awake. If I could ever get a schedule set and people wouldn't break it then I would be set with this homeschooling thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment