Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Day 2 Nina has a field trip

    So my Nina, the sensitive, gentle one, had a school field trip today and I got to go because my hubby works nights and could stay home with the other 3. It was fun. Did you know some school bus' if not all have seat belts now? I had no clue.
    Anyway, we went to Trader Joe's which is a grocery store. They had banana's for 19 cents per banana. I thought that was neat. But they talked to the kids about where different foods came from and showed them and let them touch the fruits. Then they were amazed by the card board recycling machine. Next we went in their fridge and the kids were shocked and amazed that they could walk in.  About this time my Nina started getting really tired and I had to pick her up.  She's not sleeping well lately. Then we went and saw the meats and then the milk. The whole time the nice lady giving us the tour was asking them questions and keeping them involved. It was lots of fun for them. Then we went to a little corner stand and they gave them chocolate granola bars. Yikes. My kids hardly ever get sugar and it is even rarer that they get chocolate because it has lots of sugar. But the kids all thanked Ms Sue for the food then we walked to the cash register and she explained that you have to pay before you take the food home. The last thing we did was she gave us Trader Joe's shopping bags, the non throw away kind. It had lots of snacks and things in it. Nina was so happy. So were we because we had to wait on the bus and it took about 5 minutes for it to get there. So they had a snack.
    When we got back to school all the kids were really tired but it was outside playtime then lunch before we went home. So all the adults had to try to help ease the frustrations of the kids. But they were really pretty good considering. Almost as soon as we got home Nina went down for a nap and I hope she takes a long nap after the excitement. After nap time Trina and I will do school and then if they all feel up to it I will take them to the park.

No comments:

Post a Comment